When one is able to be open and share their life experiences, no holds bar, it’s doing a great service for others. Naturally, I have decided to share some of the things I have picked up along the way of me reaching the magnificent age of 28.
I think that (or at least hope that) from this post you will realize that you are not alone. Life is hard, but I believe that sometime we as humans, make it much harder than it has to be. With that being said, I highly encourage you to learn from my mistakes and as well as my triumphs. I want you to live your absolute best life.
- You’re not always going to make the right decisions.
- Be confident in who you are.
- It’s ok to ask for help.
- Life can really suck sometimes, but it can also be really great. The sucky times only last for a moment. *no rain, no flowers*
- Perception is NOT always reality. Most of your peers are feeling and going through the same things; some are better at masking than others. We are all out here struggling with something, but don’t let someone else flaunting the high points of their life make you de-value yours.
- Smile a lot.
- Laugh a whole lot.
- As hard as it is, please do not compare yourself to others (see #2 and #5).
- Your path, timing and purpose is unique to you.
- Build discipline, resilience, and consistency early.
- Don’t get so caught up in preparing for the future that you forget to celebrate and enjoy the now.
- The only constant is change.
- You will change and evolve MANY MANY times by the time you reach 28.
- Strive to do the right thing always.
- Your relationships with your friends will change over time, for the good or the bad.
- Your friends/circle will change over time.
- You really are cool AF and people should like you. However, if they don’t it’s ok.
- You will fail, just don’t give up.
- Being stupid with money early in life is REALLY REALLY hard to fix later in life (trust me, I know). Develop a financial plan.
- You will have your heart-broken (probably multiple times). You have to learn to deal with that heart-break in a way that you don’t jeopardize your being. Don’t lose yourself and your goodness because of an a**hole.
- Think before you speak and act.
- Don’t be afraid to be honest. Why lie?
- Learn how to address your regrets and forgive yourself (see #1)
- Learn to balance celebrating where you are presently (good, bad and ugly) in your life and working towards whatever goals you are trying to reach.
- God gives you what you can handle.
- Try new things.
- Praise God through the good times, bad times, indecisive times, etc. Praise him consistently and in advanced.
- LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
Wisdom and age may not go hand-in-hand, but no matter what the age, you have learned something that could be of good use for someone else. I don’t claim to be the wisest, the most knowledgeable, or noble. I am just someone who has lived 28 years on this earth and who has learned a thing or two and wanted to share.
What lessons have you learned in life at your current age?